[aprssig] Sirf GPS

Rahn whiskey7doa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 09:34:25 EDT 2005

Wes Johnston wrote:

>I have a SIRF GPS module that ID's itself:

I think we need more information than this. It appears that SIRF is just
the chipset maker. There appears to be several different companies that
use the SIRF chipset for their modules. I have an Axiom Sandpiper II
that uses a SiRF chipset. And I quickly found a couple more that use it.
See if you can find out who made the module and we will probably have a
better idea how to use it.

OEM Modules usually just provide output and don't have much for track
storage. But then again, without knowing the maker of your module I
wouldn't say that for sure.

Here is SiRF's website....  http://www.sirf.com/

--
Rahn Abbott