[aprssig] APRS "text messaging" over long distances

Larry Cerney lcerney at viawest.net
Sat Oct 8 20:22:04 EDT 2005

Ian,

Repeater, no, but your messages are getting to an I-gate and being
transferred to TX to an I-gate there.  That I-gate is transmitting your
message back out via RF to K5LTC-9 which is local to that Igate.  The
process is reversed and his messages come back through your local I-gate.

This APRS messaging stuff is a little short of magic. Just like Albert
Einstein said many years ago.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary
telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and
it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the
cat."
-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

73...
Larry