[aprssig] Fill-In digis ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Mon Oct 3 18:51:54 EDT 2005

I'm thinking about a digi that just went up; N4TJM-1. It is currently
configured as a WIDE digi (new paradigm). I think it's overlap with our big
digi, WA4KJH-7, makes this a bad idea and I think it should only be a fill-in
digi. I am not the owner of said digi, but want to offer some advice and want
to be able to fully explain my position to the guy that has put the digi up.

There are some areas where that digi will be able to hear that WA4KJH-7 can
not, so it would make a great fill-in digi location, but I'm not sure about
the WIDE.

Note that WA4KJH-7 is currently not a WIDEn-N digi; we hope that will change
before winter.