[aprssig] Validation Code

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 1 16:57:39 EDT 2005

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, James wrote:

> I do not object to that opinion but to have choices is good, to make bad ones
> is not.

One SAR guy in my state uses WinAPRS because it does what he needs,
on the operating system he needs to run on, whereas the other APRS
applications on his desired platform don't.  It's all a matter of
what your requirements are and which user interface makes sense to
you.  Personally I wouldn't touch either of them, and I'm a SAR guy
too.

I have a problem with directing people to UI-View, unless you
educate them about its useful lifetime first.  Yea, it's a good
program and easy for a beginner to get started with, but please let
them know that someday they'll have to move on to something else.
Some new whiz-bang Windows version will break it and there'll be no
way to recover.  The source code for UI-View is gone per the
developer's wishes.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer