[aprssig] Re: aprssig Digest, Vol 17, Issue 31

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Nov 29 20:10:21 EST 2005

PCsat has no CPU.
It is only two KPC-9612 dual port
TNC's, so the problem is the
factorry defaults we put in before
launch.  We thought it was important
to have spare Receivers come on
in case it lost contact with the ground.

Problem is, if that loss is due to low
power shut down, then it comes back
up with too much drain and cannot
climb out of that discharge hole until
we get good sun....  every few months.

Bob

>>> agcme2002 at yahoo.com 11/29/05 5:12 PM >>>
Here's a silly question:  are you not able to update
the code on your system control computer such that the
default state for the two problematic UHF transponders
is off rather than on?

I'm sure you already considered it but I thought I'd
ask because I'm very curious.

-Alex, KF4LVZ