[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Nov 29 10:17:53 EST 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 9:04 AM, Dave Baxter wrote:

> In that case, it DOES NOT RUN ON WINDOWS!

Ah, you can't get it to work, so the whole thing should be scrapped.

>  But it's not the same thing as a genuine Windows application.

I for one am thankful it's nothing like a genuine windows app (it
works).

> If Linux is so good and easy to get, install, etc, why is there such a
> thing as Cygwin anyway?

Many reasons.  Some are forced for various reasons to have windows as
the native OS on the hardware in front of them, but need the basic unix
toolkit to make the computer usable.

If you'd really like to make it work, head over to the xastir list, or
get some cygwin help.

This thread is off topic, and degrading into OS wars. I'm dropping it
here.

-Jason
kg4wsv