[aprssig] AGWTracker now with dynamic mapping capability built-in

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:55:25 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, Amateur Radio WB8NUT <duffy at wb8nut.com> wrote:
> Yes, UI-View works now but if anything changes on the APRS specs (like
> digipeating already having changed), or going to a future Windoz OS
> version, UI-View may not work since it cannot be maintained.  I want to
> move now, some will of course choose to wait.

There is nothing wrong with trying something new, but many of your
reasons for migrating from UI-View now are based on hypothetical
scenarios.  I would change to a different program because it has
superior functionality, not based on things that "might" go wrong with
the software I'm using now.

Having said that, I do like many of the new features.  The online
mapping is very nice.  The APRS Server Filter builder is top notch!!
Bob will be happy that it has full PHG support!

One thing I can't figure out is why are all of the stations showing up
with a path of "via MYGATE"?  I'm connecting to an APRS Server right
now since I do not have a TNC on this computer.  When connecting this
way through other software, the actual path shows up correctly.  Why
is AGWTracker doing this or is it just a setting I have missed?

Also, I can't find a way to filter out stations.  I'd like to get rid
of the "CW*" stations from my map.

It is still missing some key features of UI-View (IGATE, Digi, NWS,
Screen Captures), but it is definitely getting there!

Thanks for the heads up about the beta!

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com