[aprssig] timeslotting on HF ? was > 15. APRS trackers on 10m (Robert Bruninga)

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Sun Nov 27 14:06:51 EST 2005

How many radios on the market today can be controlled by serial port?
Kenwood d700 / d7 can be... which others?  any icoms?  I know HTs you
can clone, but that requires a special mode on the HT, and plugging into
the speaker jack....

I like this idea... it's something that James Jarvis and I discussed at
DCC a couple of years ago... a pic that would alter the beacon text of
the d700 when you QSY.  BUT... what other radios can a pic talk to to
interrogate the operating frequency?

Wes