[aprssig] WS-2317-CP Wireless Weather Station

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 23 13:45:41 EST 2005

> So I voided the warranty by cutting and re-crimping the cable.  Mentioning
> that escentially also cut all useful communications with  La Crosse
> Technology.

That's not cool.  Not that'd I'd really expect more from front-line tech
support.

I had a problem with the La Crosse rain gauge giving high readings, but I
had it plugged into an OpenTracker, not the base unit.  I just had to use a
lower value for the pull-up resistor to make sure it had enough current for
the long cable.  The internal one in the I/O pin is very weak.

I'd say add a ferrite or two on the cable for starters.  Does the reading on
the display jump all at once when the bucket tips, or is it getting stray
readings when it hasn't actually tipped?

Scott
N1VG