[aprssig] MSGS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Nov 19 17:26:54 EST 2005

First look at HIS path to his nearest IGate.  If it is 2 hops
or more, then consider also that his IGate may be doing the
safe thing and only serving ONE hop to limit IGate QRM.
Thus, he does not see the messages from his IGate.  Bob

>>> mwrobertson at comcast.net 11/19/05 12:52 PM >>>
Steve,

Today I had occasion to say hi to a friend via the APRS and with not
receiving any ACKS, one msg via RF and the other via the APRS-IS, I
looked on Findu to see that both were logged from me, then looked at the
station I sent the messages to, and they were not logged, in fact, he
has no messages at all and consequently, no link in the left panel for
Messages for him..

Now, they were not messages of importance what-so-ever, just curious as
to whether there is a problem or what?

Robbie