[aprssig] Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 01:51:59 EST 2005

     There is a provision on the Kenwood to set the number of
characters sent to the unit via the Waypoint NMEA string, this is
because some gps units are limited, others are not. One thing to point
out is if you are going to use this gps with an opentrac or tinytrak
the serial in on the gps unit needs a wake up voltage of about 1 volt
to allow for serial NMEA to come out of the gps. It is a power
conserving feature.

--- scott at opentrac.org wrote:

> Cool.  Stations show up with the full callsign on the map display?  I
> thought there was a length limitation in the waypoint transfer
> string.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

Check out my APRS digipeater: