[aprssig] AX.25 'H' flag

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:43:30 EST 2005

>>> "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> 11/14/05 12:07 PM >>>
>Nothing, if you're dealing with raw AX.25
>packets/KISS packets and can see them all
>there in the header.  Put an '*' for each one.

But please, if you are writing code, display the
packet in th estandard TAPR-2 Monitor format
which is only marking the LAST one with a *.
To my knowledge there are only two formats.
the correct TAPR-2 display format and the
AEA format which is NOT desired.

Please do not invent a third one that we might
have to code for in the future...

Thanks
Bob

> I wrote
> some display code over the weekend (roughly emulating the KPC-3 output) that
> did just that.  Easier than finding the last 'H' bit set, and unambiguous.

Yep.

> Ok, as long as we're at it, is there a specification for the converse mode
> output?

Which vendor?  Perhaps that kind'a answers your question?