[aprssig] AX.25 'H' flag

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Nov 14 11:50:32 EST 2005

THe AEA's use a non-TAPR-2 monitor mode
display standard and they DO show the * for
every digi.  But the TAPR standard only shows
them on the LAST digi heard.   Bob

>>> aprs at kd4rdb.com 11/14/05 11:19 AM >>>
I am indeed talking about the kiss/ax.25 spec...  I used the CONV mode
method of H bit indication... so a little mixing of terms here... but I
did see a difference in the way the kpc3's and pacomms dealt with H bits.

I think Bob said it would be chaotic... and he's right... but it's what
I saw.  Unfortunately, I don't remember which TNC filled up the h bits,
and which on just set the current bit.

wes