[aprssig] Does the FindU pipe get "backed up"?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Nov 13 11:30:18 EST 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Bob cutter wrote:

> My WX station has a long path and I note a gap of
> several hours from time to time on FindU.  Later the
> FindU graph will be solid with no gaps.
>
> Does this mean the data pipe gets full or does FindU
> smooth the data for an average reading?

The pipe does not get full, data is parsed in real time. I do have
the capability to fill packets from another findU server, but it must
be run manually. The last time I ran the program was when the primary
came back online after the move and data was restored from the backup
server. This cannot explain what you saw, nor do I have any other
possible explanation.

Steve K4HG