[aprssig] D700 Honda Odyssey Mounting Options

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 15:30:25 EST 2005

Randy Pence wrote:
> Would like to install my D700 in the van this weekend and wandering if
> anyone else has any suggestions on where they have mounted there main
> unit in an (03) Odyssey. I would like to be able to access all of the
> plugs and jacks relatively easy after the installation. I use the center
> tray between the seats regularly so using it is out.
>
> Thanks Randy KD4JZY
_______________________________
My main unit sits on the carpet under the drivers seat on my Dodge
Dakota. A piece of velcro keaps it from sliding.
The control head is velcroed to the top of the dash. GPS III+ sits next
to it. It is removed when not using it. Wiring is under the mat and up
the molding to the dash.
Wiring is permanent. I unplug the units when I transfer them to my
motorcycle or other truck.
The only grounds are the negative lead to the battery and the coax
shield at the antenna end. And it does work OK that way.
WA7IXK
Dale