[aprssig] Alinco or ???

M. Schneider msokla at brightok.net
Thu Nov 10 13:38:44 EST 2005

Scott, per your request for feedback from Alinco DR-135TP users, I and
another local ham use the 135TP for mobile tracker purposes.  This is
fulltime, standalone tracker on 144.390 usage.  Aside from the occasional
bout of "stupidity"  (they (the TNC) seem prone to reset if the voltage
drops low, such as cranking with a low battery), and the lack of "smart
beaconing" both of us have been happy overall.  But the lack of smart
beaconing has prompted me to pull mine and replace it with a conventional 2m
rig and TinyTrak.  But I like the ability to plug a laptop into the radio
for use with a program such as UiView.

I'm still anxiously awaiting your replacement board, hope you overcome the
production problems.  Maybe those of us with the EJ-41U could send you our
boards and you could transplant the connector to your replacement?  A
thought.  I believe you have previously said that your replacement will
support smart beaconing, correct?

Mark - K5MAR