[aprssig] Alinco or ???

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 9 22:31:14 EST 2005

> If you know someone that has a took to read/write that chip,
> then the brown plug up above it has all the pins you need to
> in-circuit flash the chip.. This isn't a run-of-the-mill AVR

Yeah, but without the source code you'd be starting from scratch.  I'll
write code for Kenwood's radios when Kenwood starts paying me.  =]

> The DR135TP set me back like 239$ from AES if I recall.  The

That's the TP... I'm talking about the base T version, no TNC - it's $169 at
Gigaparts.  Makes it an attractive platform for an aftermarket board.

> The D700 is a neat radio.  It has some kludges but it does do
> its job very well for what it is.  It was my first rig and a
> very generous gift from my grandfather when I passed my test.

I'd have bought one by now if there was anyone else to talk to around here!
=]

Did some more tweaking on my board and copy is much better now, at least
with the test source.  Real-world performance is still lacking.  Hey,
WA8LMF, are you still out there?  Did you ever get that test CD of APRS
traffic made?  Would be nice for performance testing.

Scott
N1VG