[aprssig] Alinco or ???

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Wed Nov 9 14:37:07 EST 2005

I believe it's called the Alinco DR135T.  I have one and am very pleased
with it.  I use it with a TinyTrack3.  I have also used it with a
MFJ1270C and a lap top running it as a mobile in my car and it worked
well.  The TNC connection is on the rear (a DB9 connector) which is easy
to wire, unlike the tiny little plugs used in other radios.

The radio could be improved...for example the microphone remains active
when the TNC transmits, thus I have to pull the mic plug so as to keep
the data free of car noise.  That should be a programmable option, but
isn't.

I had considered the built in TNC, but it appears to be plagued with
problems.  If Alinco would take some interest in fixing this it would be
nice.

But Alinco isn't alone in paying very little attention to their
customers suggestions.

Ron, N5IN