[aprssig] A funny packet story/joke (The KISS guys will get it)

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Tue Nov 8 11:02:56 EST 2005

I had this happen this morning and thought there was
no better place to share it than here...

I'm a Motorola two-way tech and the original owner's
name is Bob, he is 81 years old and is also a ham.  He
still comes in every morning via transportation with
me.  He came to me and asked if I had an extra VHF
portable anywhere that he could use.  I had an old
GP300, so I programmed it with the repeater and gave
it to him.  He looked on the front and there was a
"C0" etched in the face of the housing.  Bob is kinda
rough around the edges when it comes to talking to
him.  He asks "What the hell is that for?" pointing at
the "C0".  All I could think to say was "Well Bob,
that means everything starts and ends with you."

Had to laugh a little to myself.

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com