[aprssig] Any suggestions for an embedded APRS packet encoder?

Rich Mulvey aprs at mulveyfamily.com
Mon Nov 7 11:27:17 EST 2005

Hi All:

   I've built up a small 1-wire weather station controller using a
TStik, from http://www.tstick.com .  Among another things, it uploads
data to the APRS-IS, Wunderground, etc.  I also have interfaced to a
KPC-9612 to transmit the APRS weather packets directly to RF.

  What I'm looking for is a very small TNC in which I can just feed the
weather report directly, via an RS-232 or TTL serial stream, and get out
the modem tones for connection to the radio.  Something like the
PIC-Encoder, only much smaller and simpler.  All I need is to be able to
set the UNPROTO path, and then feed it the data.

   Any suggestions as to where I might find such a beast?  Commercial,
or homebrew is fine.

Thanks,
   - Rich