[aprssig] Alinco DR-135T - EJ41U internal modem

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Nov 1 13:16:31 EST 2005

> envisioned getting two packets in a row.   With continuous reception, you
> have to have enough buffer for two frames, because you have to hold on to
> the first one until you can check the CRC and decide what to do with it.
> However, while you are checking the CRC and sending it out to

Sure, I understand that just fine, but my point was that it shouldn't matter
whether it's KISS or converse mode, you've still got to buffer the packets.
If anything, converse mode will take longer to spit them out and should need
slightly MORE buffer.  So it doesn't make sense that KISS mode would have
buffer problems when converse doesn't.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker