[aprssig] indoor tracking. RFID

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 31 22:57:08 EDT 2005

>>> Wes Johnston <wes at kd4rdb.com> 5/31/2005 9:36:52 PM >>>
>The problem is that when I walk inside a building
>and my GPS unit looses lock, you'll still plot me at
>the location of my last posit, which could be, say,
>a mile away. [in a very big building]...
>Suggestions?

When you enter the building, APRSdos keeps track of
where you entered it.  Unless there is a BOX-N digi
inside, then it can take over and force a vicinity
plot inside the building if for example there are BOX-N
digis inside the various areas in the building...  Bob

Wes

Robert Bruninga wrote: Wes Johnston <aprs at kd4rdb.com> 5/31/2005 6:21:19
PM >>>        ... Does APRSdos begin to plot me in proximity to the
first digipeater?...  I remember you saying that APRS DOS would
plotunknown [position] stations in proximity to the first digipeater...
  Yes, but only if no other position data is available.If I have
previously received a posit, and he has nottimed out of the list, then
his last posit is retained.I assume a tracker with invalid GPS data will
nottansmit any more positions and after 80 minutes(default) he fades to
gray.   Bob