[aprssig] indoor tracking. RFID

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue May 31 14:06:12 EDT 2005

> With RFID tags getting down to less than $1
> each, we get ARRL to make up ARRL Name

> We use the longer 100+ foot range models
> that do not require external RF exciters, but

Where have you seen these for under $1?  Last I checked, I couldn't find any
active tags for under $20 or so in small quantities.  I was hoping to do
something similar for tracking SAR personnel and critical equipment (e.g.,
rope systems bags, ELT sniffers, chain saws) within vehicles.  You'd have a
single RFID station in the vehicle that'd poll its contents periodically and
report them over the air.

Scott
N1VG