[aprssig] APRS LAT/LONG standards

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 30 09:39:55 EDT 2005

I appologize, because I take some questions posted to the
SIG as retorical and good for making a tangential point
about some other topic, forgetting that the person that
posted it will take it as an actual response to his question.

Sorry, keith.
my message was very poorly worded.  Bob

>>> kkotch at earthlink.net 05/29/05 6:57 PM >>>
I do beg your pardon.  I appreciate knowing the fundamental principle
AND
the mathematical formula.  One helps me learn and understand the other.

As a student (I'm always trying to learn) and a PARENT of students, what
pushes my button is educators that only teach shortcuts and don't
explain
the fundamentals enough.

Bob, what you've told me in your message IS a formula to me. It also
helps
me to understand what Tapio gave me and what he gave me helps me to
understand the reasoning behind your method.  I appreciate both. Give me
the
foundational concept THEN show me the shortcut.

73,
Keith, KF4BXT