[aprssig] daft UI-PATH's

John Ronan aprssig at ei7ig.org
Mon May 30 08:07:28 EDT 2005

There is a bit of a Lift on here at the moment so our Digi in
Templetown Co. Wexford received this from G land.

sm0: AX25: G8HQJ-7->U1PVWU v MB7USX MB7UP M1ABD GW3VPL TRACE3* <UI R>
Text
'v(Wl!Mv/]"4c}
sm0: AX25: G3RJI-7->UQ3VS1 v G3RJI MB7USX MB7UP M1ABD GW3VPL* TRACE7-2
<UI R> Te
xt
'v,%or >/]"4I}Alan from  upminster

Oh well..

I already emailed someone else who had RELAY, WIDE, WIDE in their path
that if he wished to get through the Nodes in the South of Ireland, to
have a read of the fix14439 page to see why they will only respond to
WIDE2-2

I've also noticed that APRS nodes are a great indicator of propogation
conditions.  Mt Leinster received a packet from a node in Portugal over
1500km's away. I was wondering if anyone had looked at an automated
method of grabbing these packets and trying to do an 'after the fact'
analysis of the propogation paths.

Regards
de John
EI7IG

--
John Ronan <jronan at tssg dot org>, +353-51-302938
Telecommunications Software &  Systems Group,  http://www.tssg.org