[aprssig] Image maps for WinAPRS

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed May 25 16:04:07 EDT 2005

On May 25, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Nick Kotch wrote:

> 1)  What other graphic programs will give you pixel coordinates of
> an image
> file?   I tried with photoshop and macromedia fireworks but
> couldn't find a
> way to get a pixel coordinate, and finally just tried paint and it
> did.

Photoshop does, but like many things PS, you have to know how. Open
the info window (in the default setup of CS and CS2, tabbed with
Navigator and Histogram, always avail in the window menu), and one of
the fields is XY. If you aren't seeing pixel values, go to the
preferences->Units and Rulers tab to set it to pixels (default is
generally inches).

> 2)And, I'm guessing that using an image file for a map only really
> works
> when the original image was already made to scale and is fairly
> accurate to
> begin with.  What if the image was not drawn to scale?  Is it
> better/easier
> to try and make your own instead of trying to "fix" that one or
> does it get
> to difficult.

If not to scale it simply will not work, fixing it would usually be
harder than starting from scratch.

Steve K4HG