[aprssig] MFJ 1270B and WinLink2000

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed May 25 11:17:34 EDT 2005

> Is there ANY way to use an MFJ TNC2 1270B on WinLink2000?

Install UI-DIGI on the 1270B.  Trade with a neighbor that's
using a Kantronics KPC3x for a DIGI.   Use the KPC3 on Airmail.
Use the 1270 for an APRS digi.  Both systems will work better.

> Loaded AirMail . recent and oldest MFJ listed was 1278.  Can I do
> anything with the 1270B to allow AirMail?

Actually yes - you can use the 1270B and AGWPE with Airmail -
it's a top secret non-standard somewhat complicated technique.
You're best bet is to get the KPC3...

73
Bill - WA7NWP