[aprssig] Making molded connectors and potting

Daron Wilson daron at wilson.org
Mon May 23 15:16:01 EDT 2005

Thanks, good site and good information.  I've tried the hot glue, in fact
when I make things in D shells that are permanent I usually shoot them full
of hot glue prior to closing them, keeping the cord from any movement and
making it secure.  I've tried potting assemblies with Bondo, and epoxy, but
never got quite what I wanted.

I found liquid latex in all sorts of colors, non-toxic too, but it's really
designed for other stuff :-)

Still looking for the easy way to make molded plugs, and the dual plug
radios are definitely a challenge.  I've done that with hot glue but it's
not as solid of a connection as I wanted.

73

N7HQR

  _____