[aprssig] KPC-3 v8.2 release xxxx-7265 bug confirmed?

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Wed May 18 11:06:35 EDT 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, David Dobbins wrote:

> We've been waiting to hear of the effect in KPC-3 Plus 8.2. Does this one do
> callsign substitution like it's supposed to, or do we still need to add
> WIDE1-1 to the list in UIDIGI?
>
> Dave
>
> On 5/16/05, Doug Ferrell <kd4moj at kd4moj.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 16 May 2005, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> >
> > > More 8.2 reports. (un verified):
> > >
> > > This kills the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 option for mobiles.
> > >
> > > If this report is true then we are back to the original
> > > premis that ALL 8.2 users will have to have WIDE1-1
> > > in their alias list independent of whether the TNC
> > > is a 3 or a 3+. ???
> > >

> > Bob my test was on a KPC3-Plus 8.2. What might be helpful is to compare
> > version numbers of the 8.2 if someone does have a working 8.2.. since
> > there might be a difference. I know the 8.2 in the KPC3-Plus is different
> > than the version numbers that have been posted here in the past.

  Dave I am going to do some test this weekend. I went ahead and switched
my two digi's over to the 8.3P version since I ha some time constraints
with the tower owners.

   I'm doing to control test with the same version of 8.2 that I have,
since my previous test involved a KPC3 and the Plus which had different
versions of 8.2. I'm going to use two KPC3's with the same version of
software and see what happens.

--

...DOUG, KD4MOJ
http://www.kd4moj.org