[aprssig] RE: Path for low(er) altitude balloon

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 16 10:15:38 EDT 2005

Well, you will have now seen my followup
answer and you are *right* that until we get
the old PacComm digis re-configured for
the WIDEn-N aliases, there is a problem
of those digis not doing WIDEn-N.  But the
good news is that FINDU gives flight planners
a good map of where those un-reconfigured
PacComms are:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/digis-t.gif

Good luck!
Still planning on aField Day launch? From where to
where?
Bob

>>> rrochte at gpacademy.org 5/16/2005 9:47:31 AM >>>

>ALMOST EVERY digi has always supproted
>WIDE2-2.  It works.  Use it.  It does not have the
>altitude dupe problem because all digis do perfect
>DUPE-ELIMINATION on WIDEn-N paths.

Ah, you answered my other question - I was worried that some digis
would
simply ignore a WIDEn-n packet.  And don't worry, I'm not sending any
Opentrac packets this time! =)

73,
Robert
KC8UCH