[aprssig] Path for low(er) altitude balloon

Rochte, Robert rrochte at gpacademy.org
Sun May 15 15:40:54 EDT 2005

We are planning the flight of a relatively low altitude balloon to track air
masses at the 500mb level (around 18k feet on average).  Given this lower
altitude (at least compared to a stratospheric balloon), I was wondering how
the path should be set - WIDE or WIDE2-2 or RELAY,WIDE?  Or something else
entirely?

(BTW, we're using a Pockettracker, so I'm a little nervous about just using
WIDE given the low power of the unit - RELAY still makes me feel all warm
and fuzzy inside!)

Thanks and 73,
Robert
KC8UCH