[aprssig] user defined pages

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue May 10 13:57:30 EDT 2005

I brought up this page through your proxy
http://aprs.n8qq.com/replace/index.cgi?call=kd4rdb-14&url=www.kd4rdb.com/where.html
and because my speed is 0, I got a blank instead of a 0..... which makes
my page read kinda funny.

Sure would be nice if (here we go.....) there was some sort of scripting
that could be used....

$callsign is
if $speed=0 {
"parked"
}
else if $speed<60 {
"driving $dir at $speed mph"
}
else if $speed>=60 {
"speeding $dir at $speed mph"
}

Of course this scripting could lead to other things like:
if $lat>33.58 and $lat<33.59 and $lon>80.99 and $lon<81.00 then {
"Joe is at work".

And the neat thing for that would be to have the user provide a distance
and a target point... so I could say "he's near walmart" or "he's at
home" instead of simply printing the lat/lon.  Perhaps setup the call
like a function..... $distance(.01,33.8034,-80.4435) could yield a
result of 1 for > range, or 0 for <range.  Although I know it's not
correct for large distances, a very simple way to do distance calcs is
to compensate for east-west distance by using the COS of lattitude, then
use Pythagrus' Theorum to determine the number of (or fraction of
degrees) between the two points.  Then it's just a matter of multiplying
the number of degrees by 69 for miles.

I wrote a script for a home automation program a couple of years ago
that would query findu and determine if I was at ("at" was defined at
<.1 of a mile) several local land marks around town and read the results
over my PC speakers using text to speech.  And _that_ was neat b/c the
way you triggered the script was to say "computer, where is my car", and
it would respond with "Your car is at the mall" or "Your car is 2.3
miles north of Sumter travelling 60mph".

This is a really neat idea for a proxy you have!.... esp when one
considers that we could use a URL redirection like those offered at
www.no-ip.org ... they offer free subdomains at zapto.org for
instance... so wes.zapto.org could redirect users to my page via your proxy.

Wes