[aprssig] 2.5mm stereo plug for THD7A

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun May 8 02:43:49 EDT 2005

scott at opentrac.org wrote:

>I thought most of the Kenwoods used a 3.5mm stereo and 2.5mm mono - could be
>wrong, and I don't have a THD7A myself.  I do carry the 2.5mm mono ones on
>my web store...

The Kenwood D700 mobile and TH-D7 handheld both haveTWO serial ports;
one for the computer and one for the GPS.  On the D700 the main port is
a DB9 and the gps port is a 2.5mm jack.  On the TH-D7, both ports are
2.5MM (probably because of the limited panel space on the handheld
compared to the mobile).   Further both are stereo (to implement a basic
TXD/RXD/COMMON non-handshaking 3-wire serial port hookup).

[ The TH-D7 speaker/mic jacks are the traditional pair of one 2.5MM jack
and one 3.5MM. ]

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New APRS Symbol Chart
  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/miscinfo/APRS_Symbol_Chart.pdf

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs