[aprssig] Question abt recommended path

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Thu May 5 02:30:05 EDT 2005

Ron is correct, but that's still more complicated than need be for mobiles
or home stations.

WIDE2-2 is a 2 hop path which is the recommended path for all stations.

Try it, please.  You'll find it works fine to get your station seen over a
_very_ large area on RF and on the internet too.  And it sure helps out the
rest of us more than using anything with RELAY or WIDE or any 3 hop paths.
We cannot afford, and do not need, more than a two hop path in our congested
VHF network, _at least_ in the Western USA.

There are still a few "flat" places back East of the Rockies that don't have
mountain-top digipeaters heard by IGates where one more hop (for a total of
3 hops) may be useful, but not very many at all.
73, Cap KE6AFE

P.S.  For information, including subscription instructions, about the
California APRS Users (and adjacent states) mailing list, see
http://members.cruzio.com/~cap/aprsinfo.txt
"CA APRS" is a fairly quiet (meaning low traffic volume) mailing list where
almost anything goes.  It's another good place to ask questions and share
information.