[aprssig] Optima Batteries?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Mar 31 17:56:04 EST 2005

> Have you had a chance to do a competitive shootout agains a KPC3 or
> TNC2?   How does it seem to perform?

No, I haven't yet.  Not sure when I'll have a chance.  I could probably have
AGWPE spit out some packets and use a software based function generator to
add in a selectable amount of white noise and see how they do.  Or maybe get
a little more creative and mangle some packets in Sound Forge.

It'd be nice if we had a large corpus of real-world packets to use as a
standard test.  Like maybe an hour of APRS traffic on CD with plenty of
mobile flutter and collisions.  Something like the Bellcore tapes for DTMF
decoding.

It's got an MX614 chip in it, so I don't expect any major surprises.

The configuration program seems to work, but so far I've only managed to
lock up my comm program trying to use the device's console.  Might be a
driver problem.

Scott
N1VG