[aprssig] Why RELAY,WIDE... is so bad....

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Thu Mar 31 16:55:43 EST 2005

Robert Bruninga schreef:

>>Please explain how RELAY causes DUPES?
>>

>Thanks for asking, because it is important that eveyone
>understand this and it is why RELAY in our current overloaded
>nets is now part of the problem and not the solution...
>Lets assume a mobile is using the path of RELAY,WIDE:
>
><snip long and interesting explanation>
>

>Hope that clears it up.
>
>Bob, Wb4APR

When I look at this I´m glad we don´t have kpc3 digis around here,
software digis and I think ui-digi too does not show this problem, dupe
check is done on the contents of the packet and for all aliasses as wel
as flood and trace.
Sometimes it s good that amarican commercial tncs are not common in
europe :)

73 de Andre PE1RDW