[aprssig] Local Event using RELAY?

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 29 21:23:22 EST 2005

Hi Robbie,
I was half correct, if not all correct.  I do
understand most of this.  Now, with what you said
here, I can see what some may be upset about.  The rig
will only retransmit what it hears on .99 to .49.
Now, without knowing what is already occurring on .49
is what you are all getting up about.  OK, I can see
what you are talking about.  It seems that the entire
special event should be off the network on another
frequency altogether and not interfere with .49.

I did this last year at a foot race.  We had to track
lead and tail for a 10k and a 5k race.  We did it on
145.01.  I wanted to test our capability for this
event last year so we know what we can promise the
event coordinators this year.  Where we were located
we can cover the entire course and receive position
reports and relay the progress to the event leaders
for instant information.  No digi was needed but one
was available to place one on a 4 story school
building accross from the coordinators location.

Chris
KB8UIH