[aprssig] Fine Tuned New n-N Paradigm Filters

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Mar 28 19:49:52 EST 2005

I fully understand AX.25 having been on the AMRAD
team that wrote the AX.25 spec back in 1978-82 timeframe.
And sure there are better ways to play network games when
you have great bandwidth and multipoint connectivity and
new hardware.  But that ain't APRS in a come-as-you-are
environment of second by second changing environment on
a 1200 baud channel using what we currrently have.  That is
what I am trying to make work as best we can.

Go design a better network but quit ankle-biting our attempts
to fix what we have with what we have now.   Bob

>>> HamLists at ametx.com 3/28/05 4:43:05 PM >>>
I can't believe you actually don't understand that this has nothing to
do with a single objective (or any objective for that matter) other
than
cleaning up the common APRS frequency.  Your diatribe shows a complete
lack of understanding on your part as to what AX.25 is, what link
protocols are, what network protocols are, and for that matter, what
networks are.  I would be glad to sit down someday and draw you a
picture of how many objectives repeater users have and how all the
objectives (except maybe trying RF DX on 144.39) that people use APRS
for is fully accommodated by getting rid of source routing.  Your
arguments sound as tired as those that Novell and Microsoft used when
trying to fight IP.  And they are just as baseless.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net