[aprssig] Puget Sound packet hog counter

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 24 14:57:41 EST 2005

>>> wa7nwp at jnos.org 3/24/05 1:33:40 PM >>>
>Here's my suggestion.
>
>Take Kantronics TNC's out of service as APRS digi's...
>Then, put UIDIGI or KISS Eproms (for digi-ned) in TNC-2
>style TNC's (MFJ-1270, Tiny-2, etc) and use them for
>the APRS infrastructure.

Along that same line,  they can easily afford the change
by simply investing in the stock market and only "buy low"
and only"sell high".  They would make more than
enough money to pay for it.

Laugh...

It wont happen.  Human nature....  Even now, only say
10% of all digipeaters have even taken the effort to
change to the new n-N paradigm which could show
a factor of 2 to 6 improvement over what we have
and not cost a dime...  but it hasnt happened.

THinking the whole network of 1000 digis is going
to change hardware is dreaming...

Just a thought..

de Wb4APR