[aprssig] Puget Sound packet hog counter

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 24 11:10:15 EST 2005

>>> "Tim Schall" <ka7pbi at fortgirlfriend.com> 3/24/05 9:34:56 AM >>>
>The hog counter has a configurable option that allows
>it to call out packets it sees above a certain threshold.
>In this case anybody running a path great than 3-3
>gets flagged in the counter.

Again, what I learned over the last several months is that
it is not really the Big-N counts that generate the most packets
in our area but the use of RELAY and WIDE which almost
guarantee multiple dupes of every packet at every digi.
Of course, big N's also hurt too...

Just a thougth.  That's why I woild like to see the page
indicate if RELAY is being used on these packets.

Bob