[aprssig] Quick Question - mfj TNC's KISS??

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Wed Mar 23 14:00:28 EST 2005

It depends upon the 'vintage'.  The most current firmware for the
MFJ1270C does not do KISS, they left it out as the space was apparently
needed for something considered more important.

I use several MFJ1270C's and I use instead the JKISS eprom.  It never
drops out of KISS in error, since it's KISS only.  The JKISS code in in
the bpq408a.zip file which is readily found on the internet.  I use
JKISS with UIView32 (actually AGWPE).  Use Google to find the zip file,
if you can't I can get it to you.

Ron, N5IN