[aprssig] Additional IGates ?

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Tue Mar 22 11:59:00 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> > As good as Javaprssrv is, here's another option for an
> > old standalone box:
> >
> >   http://www.rimboy.com/rimdistro/rimigate/
>
> This is more like it for my purposes. I'd be willing to deploy
> an almost-discarded PC with a soundcard interface as an IGate
> near KG6VYD-2, since it is currently picked up by a digi over
> 100 air miles away (and not reliably at that).
>
> Does RIMiGate run off a floppy/out of memory? Not having to spin
> the disk is a big win. Does it use a soundcard or need a KISS TNC?

It runs out off of memory once the floppy is loaded.

It needs a KISS TNC unfortunately.  I've thought about trying to do
something with a soundcard but I've not had the time or patience to get
the linux soundcard / ax25 stuff running.  Nevermind picking a soundcard
I'd want to support since the space is limited.  Probably soundblaster 16
and their clones would be best.

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's