[aprssig] Re: APRS+SA (v2.24) filter question

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 14:44:55 EST 2005

wa2mct at mearle.com wrote:

> At 06:07 AM 3/19/2005 -0800, you wrote:
> >I am not sure how you do it in APRS+, but in uiview you would send the
> >server "filter m/1700" without the quotes. It needs to see the word
> >filter. You can also connect to the 14580 server without trying to send
> >anything with the log on text, but then send a message to SERVER with
> >the message being, FILTER M/1700 and that should work also.
>
> OK, I connected to 14580  then sent a message (ctrl-m) to server, with
> filter r/27/-97/1800
>

> Thanks! I'm sure there's a way to do it in the aprserve.txt, but this
> will get me going for the day.

It's not in APRServe.txt.  It's an obscure entry in the program settings
that looks somewhat like a Windows Registry edit.

 From the APRSplus menu bar, pull down  "SETUP" and click on "SETTINGS" .

In the resulting tree window, click on the "+" sign next to "INTERNET"
to expand the "sub-directory".

Double-click  the line "Filter=" to get an edit box where you can enter
any standard filter port setting string.

In mine, I have entered:

      filter  m/250 -p/CW

[ This shows all stations within about 160 miles (remember the distance
is in kilometers,  not miles!) and EXCLUDES the Citizens Weather
stations that clutter the map so much.  ]

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: