[aprssig] Simple Icom handheld tracker page updated

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 11:03:20 EST 2005

At 10:26 AM 3/17/2005, you wrote:
>Time ago, I used a 7809 regulator instead of 6 silicon diodes to power a HT.
>
>Now considering to assembly a TT3 + regulator inside the space left by the
>old and removed battery of a veteran Tempo S5.

I was just using what was on hand in ye olde junque box.

I started with a string of 6 diodes and just removed one at a time until I
got to the point that the low battery indicator did not turn on when I key
the radio on high power.  The final number was three.  The actual power
varies somewhat depending on the input but has not caused any problems.  I
have found most HT's to be fairly tolerant of fluctuating power as long as
you don't get too high. The TT-II gets the 12 Volts direct although I did
think at one time about moving its connection up the diode chain to provide
some protection.