[aprssig] TNC command formats

Bill Herrmann bherrman at spro.net
Thu Mar 17 01:35:02 EST 2005

At 03:05 PM 3/16/2005 -0500, Wes Johnston wrote:
>I see where you are coming from about multiple ports delimited by the /, but I
>also worry about having a command that must be issued in the right context.

It works pretty well in IOS but typically you're changing a couple of
things at a time. I definitely agree with the / as used in Kantronics has
oddities. (Ask me how many things muck up with my 3 port KPC9612+...)

>I think the solution would be to add an extra variable to the command....
>
>HBAUD 0 1200
>HBAUD 1 9600

This works but could get odd for a single port device. You may want to
handle the case where it is optional for a single port device. (Probably
want to permit it though for consistency.)

>Are you going to support digipeating?  6-pack?  if you do digipeating,
>will you
>have a rule set for each port with a bit map of which ports something heard on
>port X should be digipeated to?

...and if you do support cross-port digipeating make sure to allow WideN
style digipeating across ports. The 9612+ can't...

Bill