[aprssig] WAS:TNC220 ok for UI-DIGI ? TNC's from "Over the Pond"

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Mar 13 22:25:49 EST 2005

Maybe we can negotiate some sort of arms-for-TNCs trade.  =]  Wouldn't mind
having an AR15.

As for not providing the CPU, that's not going to fly for this design.  It's
a 32-bit ARM7 family chip in a 64-lead LQFP package.  Not what most
hobbyists would consider hand-solderable, though it can be done.

Probably the best I could do would be offering the case and board
separately.  I really don't know if that's enough to get around the
requirements, especially if they're being ordered together from the same
place.  I think I'll just wind up shelling out the cash for certification.
I'd appreciate any tips I can get on where to have it done cheap, though.
Pre-certification testing would also help - it's going to get a lot more
expensive if I don't pass on the first try.

Scott
N1VG