[aprssig] Coverage plots from findu.com data

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Mar 12 11:31:49 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Steve Dimse wrote:

> The only thing like that is a manual program which places a red pixel at each
> posit, on a white background, not map background. This is quite processor
> intensive (the number in the upper left corner is the number of points plotted),
> which is why it is not a cgi.

I've done a similar thing with a long-running Perl script that
connects to the feed, snags posits that fit inside a bounding
rectangle, compares the position to a hash of already-received
positions, and if new, writes out an APRS object line to a file with
the new position.  You can then suck that file in to a client to get
a pretty picture.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer