[aprssig] RE: Two meter freqs in cable/TV systems

Mike Nettles Mike_Nettles at centurytel.net
Sat Mar 12 09:52:11 EST 2005

A few years ago I had someone from the neighborhood show up at my door,
asking why I was messing up Cable CH 18? I had a packet bbs system that
forwarded at all times during the day. I was able to explain to them that
the cable system is supposed to be a closed system so nothing gets out and
nothing gets in. The problem was the cable installer was telling everyone
that I was responsible. I visited the local cable company and had a talk,
explained I was well below my RF output that I was allowed to use and well
grounded and wanted thier cable guy to stop pointing to my tower when he was
in the neighborhood and saying "thats it right there".
Did they fix it? No, they put CSPAN on channel 18 and moved Cinimax to ch
19. Now the local PD tears it up..
The neighbor never came back to my house.
Just one experience,
73
Mike kb5wbh