[aprssig] RE: Two meter freqs in cable/TV systems

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 11 22:28:36 EST 2005

Steve,
My reference to cable TV and 2 meters didn't infer
that a cable system should be shut down, it was to
inform anyone not knowing that we interfere with it,
not the other way around.  Although it does happen
with leaks from cable systems.  And by rule we are
primary to that spectrum and if a leaky system doesn't
fix its problems we do have recourse to force the
issue, do we not?

With BPL it is comparing apples to oranges, the BPL
may cause interference but we don't share the spectrum
like we do with cable.

Thats all I wanted to bring up.

73,
Chris