[aprssig] Yaesu FT1500M

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 15:06:01 EST 2005

I own the DR-135TP and it works fine with Xastir.  It also has a built in
'TinyTrack' device which you can connect a GPS to.  You'll need a computer
to set it up, but once you save it to the config it'll remember it for the
future.

It's the radio on K1XVM Igate.  I bought it solely for this purpose.

You can 'add' the Packet modem to a regular T by getting the option
card.  By default the DB9 is (as you said) wired ready for packet using an
external TNC.  If you have the TNC option card, it completely overrides the
passthru PTT/audio lines.

I have not tried the DR-135TP in KISS mode, but I have heard stories since
it uses a similar Tasco chipset to the D700A, which I also own.  It does
however work pretty well for what it is, a cheap 2M radio with a TNC.  I
regret not buying the DR-6XX series now though, since I could've had a
radio in the house then too. :)

--Droo, K1XVM